1. Participation in the Community Connect Scheme and use of the Community Connect Card is considered as acceptance of the scheme terms and conditions.
2. The Community Connect account, card, key fob, coupons, vouchers and votes, in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Scottish Midland Co-operative Society Limited (Scotmid) which may, at any time, terminate the scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme.
3. Scotmid Co-operative may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Community Connect accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons, vouchers and votes, in whatever form, and / or remove a member from the scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
a. Any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme;
b. Any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions;
c. Any behaviour relating to Community Connect or Scotmid Co-operative that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
4. Scotmid Co-operative may withdraw or amend the Community Connect scheme at any time.
5. Scotmid Co-operative reserve the right to change these terms and conditions. Current terms and conditions can be found at www.scotmid.coop If you continue to use your Community Connect card or key fob after any change you will be considered to have accepted the new terms and conditions.
6. The Community Connect card and key fob do not replace the Scotmid Co-operative share book.
7. All members of the scheme must be resident in the UK and aged 16 years or over.
8. Members are only entitled to one Community Connect account each. Scotmid Co-operative reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
9. Members can leave the Community Connect scheme at any time. By leaving the scheme, members forfeit the right to any votes or vouchers accrued or issued.
10. You can choose to cancel your membership of Scotmid Co-operative at any time. Cancellation requests must be made in writing. By cancelling your membership, you will automatically leave the Community Connect scheme. By leaving the scheme, members forfeit the right to any votes or vouchers accrued or issued.
11. Members who do not collect any points for two years may be removed from the scheme. Members can re-join the scheme by contacting Scotmid Co-operative membership team.
12. Members must inform Scotmid Co-operative of any changes to their personal details. Scotmid Co-operative cannot be held responsible for any loss of votes, vouchers or mailings incurred as a result of out-of-date personal details. Failure to update personal details may result in votes being forfeited.
13. Community Connect cards, fobs, coupons and vouchers remain the responsibility of the Scotmid Co-operative member, as do any security details. Scotmid Co-operative cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of these items.
14. If your Community Connect card or key fob is lost or stolen, you must immediately inform Scotmid Co-operative by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0131 335 4433.
Card & Fob Usage
15. Community Connect cards and key fobs can only be used in Scotmid food stores.
16. The scheme is for personal and consumer use. Community Connect cards and key fobs cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
17. Community Connect accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons, vouchers and votes cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
18. Community Connect accounts, cards, key fobs, coupons, vouchers and votes are for sole use only and cannot be combined or joined.
19. The Community Connect card and fob are not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card and fob.
19a. Member fobs will not be replaced if they are lost or damaged – Only replacement cards will be issued.
20. Scotmid Co-operative reserve the right to contact members by post, email or telephone.
21. Members will be entered into a monthly prize draw. Detailed prize draw terms and conditions are available here
22. Members collect one vote for each completed eligible transaction within Scotmid food stores.
23. Paypoint payment transactions are not eligible. Other products may be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of Scotmid Co-operative.
24. Members must present their Community Connect card or key fob at the checkout to collect a vote for a transaction in store. Points may not be added retrospectively.
25. Scotmid Co-operative may set a limit on the number of votes that can be awarded in a given period. Any participation above what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be considered as abuse of the scheme.
26. Scotmid Co-operative is entitled to remove votes at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full refund of the purchase price is given.
27. Votes awarded at the time of the transaction or vouchers already issued may be removed or cancelled if Scotmid Co-operative determines that the votes were collected in breach of these terms and conditions and were awarded in error. For the avoidance of doubt, any advice or actions of our staff that is contrary to these terms and conditions will not have the effect of changing these terms and conditions.
28. Notwithstanding any other provision in these terms and conditions, if at any point it is no longer possible (or becomes impractical) to calculate your votes, then Scotmid Co-operative can make such adjustments to the basis for determining votes as we think appropriate.
29. Votes have no monetary value.
30. Scotmid Co-operative is under no obligation to award votes for any reason outside qualifying transactions.
31. The vote collection period will be clearly displayed online and, where possible, in-store. Vote collection for the current period will end two Sundays before the General Meeting.
32. Votes can be cast by members at Scotmid Co-operative General Meetings.
33. Votes are cast at General Meetings to decide good cause awards of £15000, £7,500 and £2,500 at each regional meeting. These amounts may change at any time. Members must be present to cast their own votes.
34. Current vote balance can be seen within the member area of www.scotmid.coop or, where possible, via the Scotmid Co-operative App.
35. Any queries relating to votes should be directed to Membership Team email@example.com or 0131 335 4433 at least three working days before the General Meeting. Queries relating to votes cannot be dealt with at the General Meeting.
36. Members are only eligible to attend the General Meetings when the meeting takes place at least 3 months after the date that they joined.
37. To attend a General Meeting, we ask our members to register in advance. We advertise in our stores when registration is open for a meeting.
38. Details regarding General Meetings are available at www.scotmid.coop
Good Cause Group Shortlisting
39. Shortlisted good cause groups for each period will be displayed online and, where possible, in-store.
40. Details regarding Good Cause criteria, eligibility and application are available at www.scotmid.coop