Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held on Monday, 28 April 2014 at The Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel, Grosvenor Street, Edinburgh and South Lanarkshire Council Headquarters, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA and on Tuesday 29 April 2014 at The Northern Hotel, 2 Clerk Street, Brechin, Angus, DD9 6AE.
Agenda of business
1. Synopsis of Minutes of Ordinary General Meeting held on 30 September and 1 October 2013.
2. Appointment of Tellers.
3. Elections for the Regional Committees:
East Regional Committee: 4 Members to serve for 3 years;
North Regional Committee: 3 Members to serve for 3 years;
West Regional Committee: 4 Members to serve for 3 years and 1 Member to serve for 2 years.
4. Directors’ Report/Annual Accounts.
5. Synopses of Minutes of Board Meetings.
6. Consideration of remuneration of Office Bearers and Directors.
7. Consideration of scale of Directors’ Delegation and Attendance payments.
8. Consideration of Rule changes following the introduction of Co-operatives UK new Governance Code to amend the method of Board and Committee refreshment and transitional arrangements for the transfer of West Lothian Members to East Region.
9. Membership and Community Development Report.
10. General business.
Admission to general meeting
If you have been a Scotmid Member for 6 months or more and would like to come along to the meeting, please complete the registration form on the Society’s website or by telephone 0131 335 4433. The deadline for registration is Monday 21 April 2014 at 4.00pm.
Members will be admitted to the General Meeting by presenting their admission ticket and Share Book. Members can only vote in the Regional Committee elections in the region where their principle residential address is located unless approval is granted by the Secretary in advance of the meeting.
The meeting will start at 7.00pm and late entry is not permitted after the meeting has commenced.
The next General Meeting (Ordinary General Meeting) will be held on Monday 29 September 2014 at Edinburgh and Hamilton and on Tuesday 30 September 2014 in Brechin.