Full Terms & Conditions
PROMOTER: Scottish Midland Cooperative Society (Scotmid) Hillwood House, 2 Harvest Drive, Newbridge EH28 8QJ, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Registered 2059RS with registered office at Scottish Midland Cooperative Society, Hillwood House, 2 Harvest Drive, Newbridge EH28 8QJ.
This Promotion is only open to members of Scotmid Co-operative.
1. This Promotion opens on 1st May 2017 at 10:00am and closes on 31st January 2020 at 10pm (the “Promotional Period”). Any purchases made before or after these times will not be entered.
2. The Promoter may withdraw or extend this Promotion at any time without notice.
3. A qualifying purchase is required to enter this Promotion
4. A Qualifying spend excludes pay point payments. However if these items are purchased along with any other item then the purchase will qualify as an entry.
5. Entries to this Promotion can be made in-store only. Entrants must swipe their Membership (Community Connect) card during the Promotional Period at the point of purchase (either by a cashier or at a self-check-out) at any Scotmid Food Store which is owned by Scottish Midland Co-operative Society (“Qualifying Store”). Purchases made at independent food stores which are not part of Scottish Midland Co-operative Society do not qualify as an entry
6. Purchases made in Semichem, Scotmid Funeral, Thomas Brown, Dundas Fyfe or Bargain B’s do not qualify as an entry
Prize Draw details
7. There are a total of 3 prizes per month in each of the three Scotmid Member Regions (West, East and North) which will be drawn each calendar month that the prize draw runs. Winners are selected from entrants who have swiped their membership card following a qualifying purchase in the month preceding each draw. Each time an entrant swipes their membership card following a qualifying purchase, they get an additional entry into the prize draw for that month. Maximum one prize per person.
8. Each prize for the prize draw is a £100 in Scotmid vouchers for the first member chosen at random £50 in Scotmid vouchers for the second member chosen at random £25 in Scotmid vouchers for the third member chosen at random.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any vouchers that are lost, stolen, or uncashed by the expiry date.
10. The prize draw winners will be picked at random using a computer process producing verifiably random results. Prizes cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. Prizes are allocated at random and no alternative to the allocated prize is available, except at the discretion of the Promoter. Prize draw winners may be required to produce their Community Connect membership card and proof of identification to claim prizes.
11. Prize draw winners will be notified by email / telephone /post by the details held on their member records. The names of the prize draw winners will be available on the membership website www.scotmid.coop. The Promoter is not liable if any member details provided are incorrect.
12. In the event that contact cannot be made with the prize draw winner within 21 days from the first date of an attempt to notify such winner, then no more attempts will be made to contact the winner and the prize will be forfeited. A new winner will then be selected from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the process described above.
13. The prize draw winners should allow 45 days from notification of winning for delivery of the prize draw prizes (delivery and postage included). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal addresses held on record. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that their details are correct and up to date. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost or delayed in the post or for any additional costs incurred for re-postage.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for the prize draw for one of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter.
16. If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the Promotion, this will be decided by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Promoter may collect personal information from entrants of this Promotion under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. The Promoter will only use entrants’ information for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion.
18. By entering this Promotion the entrant agrees that if they win, the Promoter may use their name, photo and any testimonial they have provided to the Promoter for promotional purposes, including, without limitation, on its websites, social media, within its magazines or within promotional emails.
19. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to change, withdraw or cancel this Promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party.
20. Entry to this Promotion shall constitute an entrant’s acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the Promotion. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then the entrant should contact the Membership team on 0131 335 4433 or email@example.com to be excluded from the prize draw and subsequent instant wins.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on the Promoter’s website www.scotmid.coop. It is the entrants’ responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
22. This Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the law of Scotland